CPTD / APTD Study Group
The Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) / Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) Study Group is open to anyone interested in preparing for the CPTD exam, this includes:
- Any member of an ATD local Chapter
- General public
The study group sessions are typically structured as follows:
- Informational session for kickoff (September 10)
- 11 bi-monthly sessions focused on the three capability areas
- The virtual study group sessions are meant to supplement your independent study. The sessions provide a chance to reinforce knowledge through discussion, clarification of key points, shared resources, and key test taking strategies. Each study group session is moderated by one or more facilitators. It is ideal if each participant has access to the CPTD Certification Preparation Course but not required.
Study Group Overview:
- The study group (excluding kickoff) consists of 11 bi-monthly virtual meetings.
- The sessions are conducted via an easy-to-use online web conferencing tool.
- The schedule of study group sessions leads up to a testing window for the CPTD exam.
- All materials focus on the Talent Development Capability Model.
- Certified CPTDs and experts in the capability areas may be scheduled as guest speakers during an individual study group session.
No study materials are provided specifically with registration for the study group. You have the option of purchasing resources from ATD, such as the TD Body of Knowledge or the CPTD Preparation Course from ATD. More information on preparation materials is available on the ATD Certification Site.
THIS IS...a study group where all members will contribute to the discussion and exploration of the ATD Talent Development Capability Model and the exams for the CPTD and APTD.
A facilitated discussion with accountability to the group to move through the material needed to succeed on the exams.
THIS IS NOT...a series of workshops designed to teach the ATD Talent Development Capability Model and any test taking strategies.
Since we all know that if we pay from something, we will invest our time and energy.
| ATDChi Member
| CARA Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I participate if I am not an ATD member?
Yes, non-members are welcome to join the CPTD virtual study group sessions. The sessions are open to the public from anywhere in the world.
If you are from a time zone that is not conducive to meeting at this time. We are happy to connect you with others in your geographic region.
Will I have free access to the CPTD Certification Preparation Course to prepare for the exam as a participant of the virtual study group?
No, the CPTD Certification Preparation Course is a digital resource purchased from ATD's global organization found here: https://www.td.org/education-courses/cptd-certification-preparation-course. You are responsible for purchasing access to this online program if it fits your study plan. It is recommended but not required to be a part of the study group.
Register for the September 10th Information session.
Registering for this session will give you priority registration to the study group. Space will be limited to ensure the effectiveness of the group.